A lot of these ingredients were just things that I happen to have around, so it was perfect for cleaning out my fridge. Theres a good amount of vegetables in here so it makes it pretty healthy and it hits the salty spot, if you're into that. You can also use any other vegetables that you may have lying around - string beens, parsnips, celery, sugar snap peas, cabbage, spinach... all good.
Tablespoon of canola or vegetable oil
Thumb size piece of fresh ginger - minced
3 cloves of garlic- minced
1 shallot- sliced
2 carrots- sliced in half long-ways and sliced on the bias
2 big tablespoons of white miso paste
Tablespoon of soy sauce
1 bunch of kale - roughly chopped
Mixed mushrooms- roughly chopped
1 zucchini - sliced in half long-ways and sliced on the bias
Package of udon noodles
4 fillets of cod
2 scallions - sliced
- In a deep saute pan - Saute the ginger, garlic, shallots and carrots in the canola oil till fragrant.
- Fill the pan a little more than halfway with water.
- Add the miso paste, taste it for seasoning and add soy sauce to taste- if its too salty, add a little more water
- Add the kale and simmer till its almost tender.
- Add the mushrooms, zucchini and noodles - stir to separate the noodles.
- Add the fish, and cover till its cooked through.
- Serve it up and top it with scallions and cilantro.